The Imperial County Sheriff’s Office Off Highway Vehicle Enforcement Safety Team is applying for the 2014-15 State of California Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Grant.
Grant draft is now available at www.ohv.parks.ca.gov for public comments and review. If you would like to see a draft of the grant proposal or have any comments, please contact Laura Bowen at (442)265-2035 or PO Box 1040, El Centro, CA 92244.
The Imperial County Sheriff’s Office Off Highway Vehicle Enforcement Safety Team (O.H.V.E.S.T.) is committed to enhancing the safety and security of the residents and visitors to Imperial County’s OHV Recreational Areas. OHVEST is dedicated to providing a safe and enjoyable desert riding environment and insuring that the quality experience remains available for future generations.
OHVEST provides law enforcement services to all public lands and OHV recreational areas within the County of Imperial.
- ISDRA Imperial Sand Dunes Recreational Area (Glamis/Buttercup) 159,072 Acres
- Superstition Mountains 13,000 Acres
- Plaster City 41,000 Acres
- Ocotillo Wells SVRA (State Vehicle Recreational Area) 85,000 Acres
- Heber Dunes SVRA (State Vehicle Recreational Area) 343 Acres
- Truckhaven 25,000 Acres
OHVEST is funded through California OHV Grants and California OHV Green Sticker fund, (In-Lieu Funds)
OHVEST team consists of 1 Lieutenant, 1 Sergeant, 2 Deputies, 1 Ranger, 1 Office Assistant III (1 Unfilled Dep. Position)
OHVEST Coalition members
- San Diego Sheriff’s Department
- Brawley Police Department
- Calexico Police Department
- Westmorland Police Department
- Calipatria Police Department
- El Centro Police Department
“We’re here to help”